Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We continue to sanitize all hearing devices, supplies, and accessories and disinfectant counters, doorknobs, light switches, and equipment.
Our office follows control recommendations made by the Ministry of Health, Ontario Public health, and the College of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issues.
Based on their recommendations we made the following changes to help protect our patients and staff:
- Our office will ask you some screening questions when called to confirm a booked appointment and when you arrive for your appointment.
- Hand sanitizers continue to be available for your use. We ask that you sanitize your hands upon entry to our clinics and after receiving treatments.
- Magazines, toys, coffee, and wrapped candies will no longer be available, since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This may mean fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- The use of face masks and/or shields is mandatory to receive servicing or treatment.
- Walk-ins are not permitted; pre-booking is required to ensure social distancing and reduce the number of patients in the reception area. Supplies can be picked up in the parking lot to mitigate risk.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about steps taken to keep you, our employees, and practice safe.